Tenants, we normally have a good selection of properties available for rent, but if you dont see anything that suits you, please call us on 0117 9441177 to register your interest, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
However, we've also put together some guidelines for you when renting a property through us:
- When you make a booking for a viewing, it is always our company policy to take your registration details, so that we can match you to the property best suited to your needs. However, please be aware that the landlord of the property may request for example that we do not let to tenants with pets, smokers, DSS etc. Please dont be offended by this, its the landlords property and as long as we do not discriminate illegally, there is nothing we can do.
- We appreciate how frustrating it can be to book a viewing and the property gets let before you have a chance to view it. However, this does and can happen. Whilst we will make every effort to contact you to cancel the viewing via both email and phone, we do understand that you may feel let down and upset. With this in mind, please do ensure that you check your phone messages or emails regarding this, particularly if you have to travel a long distance to the viewing.
- We will endeavour to call you approximately half an hour before your viewing to confirm it. However, please do note that it is not our company policy to attend unconfirmed viewings.
- If you need to cancel a viewing, please contact us as quickly as you can.
- We dont 'Hold' properties without the payment of the Agency Fee, Guarantor Fee (if applicable), plus signed Terms of Business and Referencing forms. Please don't ask us to do it, as we dont be able to do so.
- Please ensure that you fill in your referencing forms on line or manually (however you choose to do it) accurately, with all the information requested, contact details, telephone numbers and email addresses etc. This really speeds matters up, which is helpful if you need to move fast.
- We will never organise a move in date until your references has been confirmed as satisfactory, and all tenancies granted are subject to contract. Therefore, we do recommend that you do not make arrangements to move home until all of these procedures have been completed, and we must advise you that we can unfortunately take no responsibility for any financial loss incurred in this respect.
- Payment of agency fees, rent and deposit via our client account (details to follow), cash, debit card or cheque. However, if payment is made via cheque, we will not commence referencing until your cheque has finally cleared in our bank account, so please allow five working days for clearance.
- Finally, we do not operate a 'First come, first served service', particularly a property is very popular, so please do not ask us to do this.
We are currently not VAT registered, so we can save you money straight away. We are mindful that moving is an expensive process, and have endeavoured to keep our fees as realistic as possible.
- Agency Fee, plus referencing for up to two people - £250.00
- For each additional person, including referencing - £100.00 per person
- Room rentals, including referencing (single tenant only) - £150 per person
- For each guarantor (if applicable) - £50.00 per guarantor.
- Please be aware that in the event of you withdrawing from the tenancy prior to it commencing, of you failing to pass the referencing criteria, that these monies are non refundable.
- If your landlord withdraws from the proposed tenancy prior to it being executed (this means that you have paid your rent and deposit, both parties have signed the tenancy agreement and you have taken the keys), we will refund you all monies paid and will reclaim these monies from your landlord.
- Once we have received satisfactory references, we will reserve the right to take a Holding Deposit from you. Briefly this will be a sum equivalent to two week's rent. What this means is that say your deposit is £1000.00, we will take £250 from you as soon as your references have come back satisfactory. This will be protected with The Deposit Protection Service. The remaining £750.00 will need to be paid payable prior to your tenancy commencing. We typically take this action if there is a period longer than two weeks between you paying your agency fee and and your tenancy commencing. In the event of you withdrawing from the tenancy after these monies have been paid, we must advise you that these monies are passed to the landlord, and cannot be refunded.
- We will require a deposit of a month and half's rent plus the first months rent to be paid to us via cleared funds before a tenancy can commence. All deposits are protected in The Deposit Protection Service, unless your landlord requests we use another form of protection, details of which will be given to you.
- We are unable to release your keys unless all parties to the tenancy agreement, including guarantors, have signed the tenancy agreement and all monies paid, so please do bear this in mind when making arrangements to move in.
- We will do everything possible to assist you in moving into your new home - after all we want you to move in, as does your potential landlord, but please bear in mind we are only human as well. We will not tolerate bad language or abuse, physical or otherwise. We appreciate moving home is stressful, but please remember all we want to do is help you
Tenants, we want to keep our charges to you as low as possible, and to be as transparent as possible, but please bear in mind there are occasions where costs will need to be passed to you, we list them below:
- Early termination of tenancy. We appreciate that sometimes life changes and you may need to move in the middle of a tenancy. We will do our best to relet your property to mitigate your costs, but you must be aware that you will be required to pay rent until a new tenant is found. You will also be responsible for the payment of the landlord's costs in finding a new tenant. Please refer to our Landlord's page for this information, and also check with us to see which service your landlord has elected to use with us. These monies will be deducted from your deposit.
- Tenant swaps. Please will you be very aware that this is a very time consuming job and we must therefore advise you that our costs are as follows:
- Outgoing Tenant - early release fee, de-registering deposit, surrender of tenancy - £250.00 per person
- New Incoming Tenant - referencing, drawing up of tenancy agreement, protecting deposit - £150 per person.
- Inventories - if your landlord has instructed us to organise an professional inventory clerk there may well be a charge incurred, which we will advise you of fully.
- Abortive property visits - We will endeavour to book these to suit both parties, but if we attend a previously confirmed visit and are unable to gain access, we reserve the right to charge £25.00 per visit, which will be deducted from your deposit.
- Rent Arrears These costs will be detailed fully in your tenancy agreement.
PLEASE WILL ALL PROSPECTIVE TENANTS NOTE THAT SHOULD YOU WISH TO PAY VIA CREDIT CARD, IT WILL ATTRACT A 1.45% FEE OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE, WHICH WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR PAYMENT.